Welcome to NICE 2017
The Network Innovators Community Event (GENI NICE) is a premier event for researchers and educators to demonstrate, present research results and discuss works in progress related to the NSF GENI and other testbeds.
NICE 2017 will be held on October 10, 2017 in conjunction with ICNP. Topics of particular interest for NICE 2017 include:
- SD*: Software-defined networks (SDN), software-defined exchanges (SDX), and software-defined infrastructure (SDI)
- Wireless, e.g., LTE, 5G, multi-modal MAC
- Tools and practices for making experiments reproducible and repeatable
- Testbed requirements for new directions in networking and distributed systems research such as Internet of Things (IoT)
- Experimentation with 5G-and-beyond applications, e.g., augmented and virtual reality, smart and connected communities, healthcare, robots and drones
- Novel designs and architectures, e.g., optimization using machine learning, edge computing, networking big data oriented systems, serverless or function-as-a-service
- Non-IP protocols, e.g., information centric networking (ICN)
- GENI in education
GENI community members and those interested in learning how GENI is being used for research and education are welcome.